Mediahuis Ventures is the start-up investment arm of Mediahuis. Our team invests in high-potential start-ups that have an ambitious growth plan in Europe and beyond. Our goal is to build a portfolio of companies in new and emerging digital markets that stand the test of time. To help us with this ambitious goal, we are looking for interns to help us find these companies, connect with founders to learn more about their business and review the market they are operating in.
You will work with the core team on a daily basis, attending weekly sourcing meetings and presenting what you find. We are looking for learners who claim responsibility and sink their teeth in whatever they aim to achieve. This is a fast-paced work environment where your work will have a direct impact on the success of the team!
Our team is based in Amsterdam and is currently composed of three investment managers looking for the next big thing! We are looking for 3 rockstar analysts to join our team and support us in our daily tasks and activities for the summer period of March to August ’22!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Scavenging the internet, online databases and newsletters to spot potential unicorns and present them to the team for further diligence
- Conducting market and industry research, making sense of market dynamics, trends, emerging tech and disruptive business models
- Reaching out to founders, scheduling and assisting to meetings, and gathering evidence to evaluate their fit with our investment thesis
- Supporting the team in its due diligence activities and producing the initial financial analysis that lead the team to pursue or reject an investment
- Developing and updating sanity checks, unit economics and other financial models
What We Are Looking For
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in a business or quantitative field (finance, economics, management, mathematics, computer sciences) or any equivalent degree
- Currently living and studying in the Netherlands
- Previous experience in finance, investment banking or strategy consulting will help you hit the ground running and create value from day one and is considered a big plus
- Good communication and presentation skills, decisiveness, a pragmatic attitude, and passion — you should not be afraid to get your hands dirty and do heavy lifting
- A globetrotter attitude – you should be ready to go on an exciting hunt throughout Europe and the rest of the world to find promising companies
- Passion for Edtech, HRtech and Mediatech is highly valued
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is a must
- Our office is in Amsterdam at the TMG Headquarters
- You are expected to start March 2022
- Monthly remuneration of €750
- You must live in The Netherlands and provide a BSN number during the internship (citizen number)
- You must be enrolled in a university or other higher education equivalent to participate in the internship
- We expect the intern team to work with us for a minimum period of 20 weeks
With more than 70 brands in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Ireland, Mediahuis is one of the Europe’s fastest growing media organizations. Our team leverages this broad network and expertise to source, invest in and support the fast-growing European tech companies. Our portfolio includes top European companies such as Lepaya, Bunch, MySkillCamp and Mather Economics.